"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace."
1 Peter 4:10
The heart of serving at Cedarcrest is two-fold. First, we want our visitors and attendees to experience the love of Christ through the many ways that they interact with others each and every time they attend Cedarcrest. Secondly, we desire for everyone to use their God given gifts to serve and encourage one another, and in the process of doing so, to connect with others and grow through their serving.
There are many opportunities to serve at Cedarcrest. We want you to find the one that best suits your passion, personality, and availability. If you are ready to serve, check out the ministries below and fill out the form at the bottom of the page to get started.
Parking Team: The first face of Cedarcrest Church. Turns two-ton hunks of metal into the initial catalyst of a great experience.
Greeters: Door holders. Mom-assisters. Guest-reassurers.
New Here Kiosk: The folks who specifically care for and connect our newest friends.
Welcome Center Team: Not just the answerers of questions, but the resident experts on moving people forward.
Coffee Café Team: Not just the givers of liquid courage, but the defenders of a welcoming environment.
Safety Team: The folks who offer caring, compassionate medical assistance to everyone that enters Cedarcrest. *Certification Required
Audio/Visual – Help with the A/V in our worship services (we will train).
ELEMENTARY SERVING OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
• Small Group Leaders connect relationally each week with an assigned group of kids to speak truth into their lives and celebrate spiritual growth.
• Worship Team leads kids in song and drama with energy and enthusiasm to worship God for who He is and what He has done.
• Tech Team enhances the Bible story and worship experience through sound, lights, and video without distracting the audience.
• Take 2 Team members provide a fun and safe environment for kids in order to give their parents the opportunity to serve strategically. Leaders will oversee projects and activities that will support the lesson that was taught in the Kids Worship Center.
PRESCHOOL SERVING OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
• Nursery Care Leaders connect relationally with infants and their families. They lovingly care for children under 2 years old while parents either serve, attend worship, or both.
• Preschool Class Leaders connect relationally with preschoolers and their families. They also implement classroom activities that foster the spiritual growth of the children in their rooms.
BLOSSOM SERVING OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
• Blossom is a ministry where trained volunteers – Blossom Buddies – lovingly serve kids with special needs. Blossom Buddies help provide a safe, caring environment where children with special needs learn about God's love for them.
KIDS GUEST SERVICES OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
• Guest Services makes the best first impression by greeting first-time guests and guiding new families through the registration and check-in process to make them feel welcome and informed.
Middle School – Leading small groups on Sundays and helping with outside events.
High School – Leading small groups on Sundays and helping with outside events.
Student Ministry Moms – A team of moms who coordinate meals/snacks for events.
Extra Eyes - Attend periodic events/programming when more adults are needed.
Faith in Action – Help serve single moms and widows by helping with house projects.
To sign-up to serve in an area listed above, please fill out the form below. Not sure where you fit in? Fill out the form and we'll contact you to help you find your place.